INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MINOR OPERATION OR PROCEDURE
You have been referred to this page to confirm preliminary information that has been provided to you about your forthcoming minor operation appointment.
The doctor who runs the minor operation clinic will review this information with you on the day of your appointment, however we present the information here in case you have any additional questions or concerns you may wish to present to the operating doctor on the day.
Please also note that depending on the type of procedure, not all of the following will apply. Again, your operating doctor will advise you of the relevant items relating to your specific procedure and answer any questions you might have.
You should already have been advised of:
- The procedure
- The risk of scarring
- Specifically risk of keloid scarring (if applicable)
- The likely outcome
- The risk of incomplete resolution
- The risk of nerve damage
- The risk of infection
- Post-operative care
- The need for suture removal
- Follow-up and obtaining results
- The procedure is for only one lesion unless otherwise agreed with operating doctor
- The operating doctor has full discretion to decline or refer on as clinically indicated
We hope you find this information useful. Please ask your doctor if you have further questions.
Ivy Grove Surgery