Social Services SHORTCUT

This is a self-referral/self-help advice page for your condition

Your condition is best managed by contacting social services

Information on this service


Anyone, whether that be a member of the public or a professional, who has safeguarding or abuse concerns regarding the welfare of an adult or child, has a duty to report those concerns to social services - it does not need to go via a GP first.

What example conditions does this service deal with?

  • Abuse concerns
  • Aids for the home
  • Benefits help
  • Carers at home
  • Domestic violence
  • Respite care
  • Safeguarding issues
  • Social issues
  • Welfare rights

Does this service accept self-referral?

You can self-refer to this service without seeing or speaking to a GP first

How do I find this page in future?

Bookmark this page in your browser by pressing CTRL and D or type the shortcut

Are there any other services I can refer myself to?

Please see our index of services you can self-refer to or type the shortcut or

Back to index of services

Social Services