Local Council SHORTCUT

This is a self-referral/self-help advice page for your condition

Your condition is best managed by contacting Amber Valley Borough Council

Information on this service


Amber Valley Borough Council does not require GP letters when you seek housing or rehousing, even on medical grounds. Therefore we do not provide such letters. If you believe it will assist your application, we can provide you with a printout of your medical record.

What example conditions does this service deal with?

  • Befriending support
  • Covid-19 support
  • Employment support
  • Financial hardship support
  • Food, shopping support
  • Health improvement
  • Heating, fuel and energy issues
  • Homelessness issues
  • Slips, trips and falls support

Does this service accept self-referral?

You can self-refer to this service without seeing or speaking to a GP first

How do I get to this service?

Please also see the documents linked to below under 'more info' for more information and contact details.

How do I find this page in future?

Bookmark this page in your browser by pressing CTRL and D or type the shortcut

Are there any other services I can refer myself to?

Please see our index of services you can self-refer to or type the shortcut or

Back to index of services ยป

Local Council